For More Information856 495 3138
14 Kings Highway W Suite 112 Haddonfield NJ 08033
36 Evergreen Lane, Haddonfield NJ 08033
Mon - Fri 9.00am - 5.00pm
DRIVEITAWAY (hereinafter referred to as “DRIVEITAWAY”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is a third party facilitating the transaction between car owners and car drivers by providing a platform, including payment processing, for the Owner to list vehicles for commercial purposes through our website or our mobile applications (“Platform”).
“Affiliates” means a company related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
“Aggregated Information” means information about all of our users or specific groups or categories of users that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user.
“Data Controller” means Driveitaway, the company responsible for the use and processing of Personal Information.
“Third Parties” means companies or persons not related by common ownership or control (i.e. non-affiliates) or other unrelated individuals. Third Parties can be financial and non-financial companies, or persons other than you and Driveitaway.
“Personal Information” means information (which may include sensitive information) relating to a living individual who is or can be identified either from that information or from that information in conjunction with other information that is in, or is likely to come into, the possession of the Data Controller.
a. Information that you give us
We receive, store and process information, including Personal Information, that you make available to us when accessing or using our Platform and Services. Examples include when you:
• fill in any form on the Platform, such as when you register or update the details of your user account, or when you supply ID and other verification information;
• access or use the Platform, such as to search for or post Vehicles, make or accept bookings, pay for Rentals, book or pay for any associated services that may be available (such as but not limited to cleaning), post comments or reviews, or communicate with other users;
• link your account on a Third-Party site (e.g. Facebook) to your Driveitaway Account, in which case we will obtain the Personal Information that you have provided to the Third-Party site, to the extent allowed by your settings with the Third-Party site and authorized by you;
• communicate with Driveitaway; and
• share information with another Member.
b. Information we get from your use of our Platform
We also receive, store and process information, possibly including Personal Information, when you access or use our Platform and Services, including but not limited to:
• Mobile Data
When you use certain features of the Platform, in particular our mobile applications we may receive, store and process different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g. IP address, zip code) and more specific information (e.g. GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the Platform or specific features of the platform). If you access the Platform through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location- tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details.
• Contact Information
You may use your contact information, such as your email address, phone number to create or customize your account or to enable certain account features, for example, for login verification. If you provide us with your email address, or phone number, you agree to receive emails to that email address, text messages to that phone number, as the case may be. We may use your contact information to send you information about our Platform and Services, to market to you, and to help prevent spam, fraud, or abuse.
• Log Data
• Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
We may also receive, store and process Log Data, which is information that is automatically recorded by our servers whenever you access or use the Platform, regardless of whether you are registered with Driveitawayor logged in to your Driveitaway Account, such as your IP Address, the date and time you access or use the Platform, the hardware and software you are using, referring and exit pages and URLs, the number of clicks, device event information, pages viewed and the order of those pages, and the amount of time spent on particular pages.
While you may disable the usage of cookies through your browser settings, we do not change our practices in response to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from your browser or mobile application. We track your activities if you click on advertisements for Driveitawayservices on Third-Party platforms such as search engines and social networks, and may use analytics to track what you do in response to those advertisements.
• Third-Party social plugins
Our Platform may use social plugins which are provided and operated by Third-Parties, such as Facebook’s Like Button.
As a result of this, you may send to the Third-Party the information that you are viewing on a certain part of our Platform. If you are not logged into your account with the Third-Party, then the Third Party may not know your identity. If you are logged into your account with the Third Party, then the Third Party may be able to link information about your visit to our Platform to your account with them. Similarly, your interactions with the social plugin may be recorded by the Third Party.
a. We use, store and process information about you for the following general purposes:
• to enable you to access and use the Platform;
• to operate, protect, improve and optimize the Platform, Driveitaway’s business, and our users’experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research, personalize or otherwisecustomize your experience, and to provide customer service;
• to help create and maintain a trusted and safer environment on the Platform and Services,such as detection and prevention of actual and potential fraud and other harmful activity, conducting investigations and risk assessments, enforcing our Terms and policies, verifying the address of your listings, verifying any identifications provided by you (including by comparing the photo on that identification to another photo you provide to us), and conducting checks against databases and information sources (such as but not limited to public government databases) for fraud detection and prevention, risk assessment and harm prevention purposes. In this regard, we may do any or all of the foregoing with or without further notifying you;
• to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
• to send you marketing, advertising, and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information about Driveitaway our services, or general promotions for partner campaigns and services. You can unsubscribe or opt-out from receiving these communications in your settings (in the “Account” section) when you login to your DriveitawayAccount;
• to administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Driveitawayor our Third Party business partners; and
• to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with Third Parties.
b. How Driveitaway Uses and Processes User Communications
We may, either directly or through Third-Parties we engage to provide services to us, review, scan, or analyze your communications with other users exchanged via the Platform for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research and customer support purposes. For example, as part of our fraud prevention efforts, the Platform may scan and analyze messages and attachments to mask contact information and references to other websites. This helps to prevent fraudulent actors from asking Drivers to send them money outside of the Platform, such as by bank transfer or other money transfer methods. We may also scan, review or analyze messages for research and product development purposes to help make search, booking and user communications more efficient and effective, as well as to debug, improve and expand product offerings. We will not review, scan, or analyze your communications for sending Third-Party marketing messages to you. We will also not sell these reviews or analyses of communications to Third Parties. We will also use automated methods to carry out these reviews or analyses where reasonably possible. However, from time to time we may have to manually review some communications. By using the Platform, you consent that HyreCar, in its sole discretion, may, either directly or through Third-Parties we engage to provide services to us, review, scan, analyze, and store your communications, whether done manually or through automated means.
Your Personal Information may be transferred, stored, used, processed and disclosed as follows:
a. When you submit a request to book a Vehicle, your full name and other Personal Information you agree to pass through to the Owner(s) will become visible to the Owner(s) of any Listing you Book or request to Book. We may also disclose parts of your public profile; other Member reviews of you; and any additional information you share with other Members. We
will not share your phone number unless there is a confirmed booking; if there is a confirmed booking, your phone number will become visible to the Owner(s)/Driver, who may call you directly.
d. When your request to book a Vehicle is accepted by the Owner(s) or when a Driver books your Vehicle, we will disclose some of your Personal Information to the Owner(s) and any confirmed Driver(s). However, your billing and payout information will never be shared with another user.
e. When an Owner accepts your request to book a Vehicle, the Owner may elect to use Third- Party services available through the HyreCar platform to assist with managing the Vehicle, such as cleaning services and lock providers. The Owner may use features on the Driveitawayplatform to share information about the Driver with that Third-Party service provider for the purposes of coordinating the stay or managing the Vehicle, including check-in and check-out dates, Driver name, Driver’s phone number, and the Driver’s anonymized email address.
f. When a Driver completes a rental or when an Owner completes a rental, we may ask you to review the Driver, Owner, or the Vehicle. If you choose to provide a review, your review may be public on the Platform. Likewise, another Member’s review of you as a Driver or Owner may be public on the Platform
h. We may also engage Third Parties, to provide services to us, including but not limited to technology services and services to help verify your identification, to help match the photo on your ID to other photos of yourself you send to us, to conduct checks against databases such as but not limited to public government databases (where legally allowed), to otherwise assist us with fraud prevention and risk assessment, to assist us with customer service, to serve targeted ads, and to facilitate the payments or reimbursements you request (such as Concur and American Express). We may provide Personal Information about you to these Third Parties, or give them access to this Personal Information, for the limited purpose of allowing them to provide these services. For example, if we hire Third Parties, where permitted by applicable law, to conduct checks against databases such as but not limited to public government databases, we may provide your Personal Information, such as your full name and date of birth, to the Third Parties for the limited purpose of allowing them to conduct such checks, including background or registered sex offender checks, on our behalf. We will ensure that such Third Parties have contractual obligations to protect this Personal Information and to not use it for unrelated purposes.
i. For any jurisdiction in which we facilitate the Collection and Remittance of Taxes or Opt-in for Owner Remittance of Taxes as described in the “Taxes” section of the Terms of Service, Owners and Drivers expressly grant us permission, without further notice, to store, transfer and disclose data and other information relating to them or to their transactions, bookings, Rentals and Occupancy Taxes, including, but not limited to, personally identifiable information such as Owner or Driver’s name, listing addresses, transaction dates and amounts, tax identification number(s), the amount of taxes received by Owners from Drivers, or allegedly due, contact information and similar information, to the relevant Tax Authority.
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify users about law enforcement requests for their data unless:
• providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law; or
• we believe that providing notice would (a) be futile, (b) be ineffective, or (c) would create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or (d) create or increase a risk of fraud upon Driveitaway’s property, its Members, the Platform, Application, or Services (collectively, “Risk Scenarios”).
In instances where Driveitaway complies with legal requests for user data without notice to the user for the reasons described above, Driveitaway will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify that user about the request after the fact if we determine in good faith that we are no longer legally prohibited from doing so and that no Risk Scenarios apply.
We may also publish, disclose and use Aggregated Information and non-personal information for industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in your Driveitaway Account. If you would like to correct your information or cancel your DriveitawayAccount entirely, you can do so by logging in to your Driveitaway Account. Please also note that any reviews, forum postings and similar materials posted by you may continue to be publicly available on the Platform in association with your first name, even after your DriveitawayAccount is cancelled.
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your Personal Information against unauthorized access, destruction or alteration. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no method of storing electronic information, can be 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the security of your transmissions to us and of your Personal Information that we store.
Driveitaway uses “cookies” in conjunction with the Platform to obtain information. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your device (e.g. your phone or your computer) for record- keeping purposes. For example, a cookie could allow the Platform to recognize your browser, while another could store your preferences and other information.
Your browser may allow you to set how it handles cookies, such as declining all cookies or prompting you to decide whether to accept each cookie. But please note that some parts of the Platform may not work as intended or may not work at all without cookies.
a. Driveitawaycookies and Third Party cookies
We may also allow our business partners to place cookies on your device. For example, we use Google Analytics for web analytics, and so Google may also set cookies on your device. As further explained below, Third Parties may also place cookies on your device for advertising purposes.
There are two types of cookies used on the Platform, namely “persistent cookies” and “session cookies”.
Session cookies will normally expire when you close your browser, while persistent cookies will remain on your device after you close your browser, and can be used again the next time you access the Platform.
b. Other technologies
The Platform may also use other technologies with similar functionality to cookies, such as web beacons and tracking URLs to obtain Log Data about users. We may also use web beacons and tracking URLs in our messages to you to determine whether you have opened a certain message or accessed a certain link.
c. Uses for Driveitawaycookies
• to enable, facilitate and streamline the functioning of the Platform across different webpages, devices and browser sessions.
• to simplify your access to and use of the Platform and make it more seamless.
• to monitor and analyze the performance, operation and effectiveness of the Platform, so
that we can improve and optimize it.
• to show you content (which may include advertisements) that is more relevant to you.
• for fraud detection and prevention.
d. Uses for Third-Party cookies
e. Disabling Cookies
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies by visiting the Help portion of your browser’s toolbar. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customize, or use some of the interactive features of the Platform. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, and cookie management tools available in a web browser will not remove flash cookies. To learn more about how to manage flash cookies, you can visit the the Adobe website and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel.
The creator of the “Lyft Your Down Payment” Program and the “Drive For Your Down Payment™”
program – Ride Sharing drivers can get a temporary vehicle to fund their vehicle purchase!